Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Payments for hourly rate bookings are to be made at the end of the session prior to receiving any files. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Payments for block hour rates must be made before any recording begins.
- Sessions are booked at the rates published by the studio (subject to change)unless otherwise negotiated in advance. There is a 2 hour minimum in all studios. Time will be billed in quarter hour increments. Sessions that run longer than the original scheduled time will be billed at the published hourly rate assuming the studio is available. Lockout sessions are based on 8 and 12 hour days. Additional time will be charged at our standard hourly rate.
- Payments can be made with CASH, CHECKS or CREDIT CARDS PAYPAL, ONLINE TRANSFER (credit cards carry an applied 2.4% processing fee.)
- Absolutely no fileswill be released until payment has been made in full unless prior arrangements have been approved.
CANCELLATIONS or RESCHEDULING:
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm and hold your booking. Otherwise your time is NOT
There is a 24 hour grace period in order to pay your deposit.
If your deposit is not paid within 24 hours of booking your session, we reserve the right to cancel your slot and book other clients.
- Cancellation or rescheduling of a booked session must occur within 72 hrs of the booking or the client will be charged 50% of the time reserved.
Cancellation or rescheduling within 24 hrs of a booked session, client will be charged for the full amount of the time reserved.
- Studio time begins from the time you “Book” your session – not when you show up. It is suggested that you be on time for your session as when we are busy we may have another session booked right after your session.
- Studio time ends when the engineer has completed working on your project. If you require outputs, backups, CD burning, Etc. the studio is still working and you are still being billed.
- We can offer up to 30 minutes for the setup of your drums. Please make arrangements in advance.
- Regarding day rates– Day rates are to be paid in advance and the time used all in the same day. No splits.
When you lock out multiple days, we will not book any sessions between your sessions.
- Please inform the staff if you plan to photograph or video your session as we may need to make sure the other studios are clear for any pictures or video in the common areas. We are a very private studio that is aware and sensitive to any paparazzi activity. We pride ourselves on being a safe, creative space for those that need such a retreat.
- We have a very strict “No Smoking”policy anywhere inside the building. We do have an outside patio where smoking is permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We also carry a strict “No Drugs” policy. If the manager or engineer feel that you, or anyone in your party, are under the influence of excessive drugs and/or alcohol, The engineer or studio manager reserves the right to cancel your session.
STORAGE AND INSURANCE:
- We will exercise care and handling in the storage of all client properties, including instruments or hard drives left or stored on our premises. However, we cannot assume any liability for loss or damage to any such properties and we recommend that the client secure appropriate insurance to cover the full value of any such properties.
- Clients are encouraged to bring an external hard drive to create backups of their sessions. All current work is to be done on our internal drives until the session is paid in full. If you insist upon using your own drive to record to, we cannot be held responsible for how your session reacts with our gear. This can cause problems such as slow response of the computers, and a latency in the playback and listening back of the recording. You may record to your own drive only if the scheduled session is paid in full in advance. NO EXCEPTIONS
We offer a one week ( 7 day ) grace period after completing a project to obtain session data before the studio cleans its drives. Final Mix Entertainment Studios cannot be responsible for lost data after that time